Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday - June 18, 2011

Because I'm an idiot, I had yet to transfer my American dollars into Norwegian Kruggers (they are way into 80s horror movies), so we went to do that today.

The upside was being able to see lovely downtown Oslo. There is a beautiful mix of modern and medieval in the slanty opera house and cobbled streets. Many building have enormous statutes hanging randomly off specifically reserved ledges, and the entire place is like neuvo-Gotham.

I finally was able to purchase some stuff on my own like a big-boy, but by late Saturday many places had already closed. It is for this reason that most of my friends will be given gifts from the duty-free shop at Newark Airport.

These are the things I have discovered on my third day:
  • It's Norwegian law that if you make a woman cry, a sea captain will harass you*
  • You can't look like a proper statute unless you go with the gold boots, honey!
  • The Oslo Opera House, like all European opera houses, have proper Captains that command the vessel, touring the seven seas, spreading high-culture.
  • BONUS: MICKEY MOUSE IS ON SHORE LEAVE AND IS BEGGING FOR SPARE CHANGE!
*to the ends of the Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment